Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My meemaw's Strawberry Rhubarb crisp

This is probably one of my very favorite desserts. I make it at least once every summer and I have to admit I could eat a whole pan of it all by myself (no, not in one sitting, but within a week easily). Thankfully my kids also love it so I don't eat it all by myself. whew!

4 c diced rhubarb (about 1 lb)
2 c sliced strawberries
1 c sugar
1 1/3 c flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1 c brown sugar
1 c rolled oats
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 c butter, melted and cooled

In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 c flour and cinnamon. Transfer to greased 9 x 13 baking dish

In another bowl, combine remaining 1 c flour with brown sugar, oats, and nutmeg. Add butter and blend well to create strudel.

Sprinkle strudel and bake at 350 for 35-40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment