Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kera's Sweet Chili

This is really Kera's Dad's recipe. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing :-) It is one of our family's favorites, and it's one of those recipes that can feed a lot of people (without me thinking a whole lot) Hope you enjoy too! See Kera's blog for more awesome recipes!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1 large can (about 48 oz) Tomato Juice
1 large can (half the size of juice can) Diced Tomatoes
1 can whole tomatoes
2 cans whole spice chili beans
1 medium onion (chopped) I prefer sweet onion
2 small cans of mushrooms (pieces and stems)
1 c sugar
2-3 t chili powder

1. Brown hamburger in bottom of large pan and drain
2. Add all ingredients and bring to boil
3. Reduce heat to low, boil, and cover. Cook at least 1 hour, but try to cook longer.
4. Enjoy!

Or you can throw it all into the crock pot (with the meat raw) and cook in the crock pot 4 hours on high. (That's what I do because I'm lazy).

Tastes great on first day, but even better as reheated leftovers. You can freeze and use leftovers too, and still tastes awesome! Try it- you'll like it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment