Monday, September 6, 2010

Lindsay's French Toast

This is enough for 5 of us plus sometimes some leftover depending on how much the kids eat- which is usually about 2-3 slices each! It's a family favorite for sure. I've added several recipes of what I like together to come up with this:

Ingredients:
Loaf of bread (we use wheat like you use for normal sandwiches, but the best to use is sour dough bread or french bread- I usually use about half the loaf when I make this)
6 eggs
abt 1/4 c milk
1-2 T vanilla (depending taste preference)
nutmeg
cinnamon

Directions:
In a pie pan, put cracked eggs, milk, & vanilla. Stir. Add nutmeg sprinkling once over the top of the egg mixture. Stir. Add LOTS of cinnamon. Stir. Add cinnamon until there are lots of brown dots in the mixture. Stir. Dip bread into mixture and flip so both sides are generously covered (but not soaked). I fry them on my plugged in griddle until done (or looks eggy/ light brown on each side). Add cinnamon as needed to make sure there's enough on each slice of french toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment