Saturday, October 24, 2009

Healthy breakfast options

I don't like breakfast that much, especially when I'm pregnant, but even when I'm not I really don't like breakfast. Here's a couple easy recipes though that I found that are pretty good for those that hate breakfast as much as I do, or even if you don't.

**Fruit Protein Smoothie**
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 c milk
1 c mixed (fresh or frozen) fruit
1/2 banana
2 T peanut butter
and add ice for desired consistency, blend in a blender- voula!
Serve it w/ 1-2 slices of wheat toast w/ jam

**Breakfast burrito**
1 egg & 2 egg whites (scrambled)
1 heated whole wheat tortilla (I love these things!)
salsa or diced tomatoes
1 slice cheese or low fat veggie sausage or turkey bacon (I like the any kind I can throw into the microwave)
serve w/ 1 c strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment